A streamlined management of goods, services and works procurement, as well as of supplier interaction as a whole, is increasingly becoming a crucial element in the functioning of any organisation.
This need is even more pronounced at a time in which all companies are urged to rationalise resources and reduce costs.For this reason, the adoption of an IT solution to manage the procurement process helps in lowering purchasing costs, as well as those related to the procurement process itself.
Pro-Q consists of a various modules designed to manage - interfacing with the corporate ERP - the procurement process, which can be broken down into two sub-processes: Sourcing & Negotiation and Order/Contract Management.
Sourcing and Negotiation
It comprises the purchasing management process, from requirements definition up to the identification of the most suitable supplier (award):
- Requirements analysis (what do we need to buy)
- Supplier scouting and qualification (who should we include in our supplier base)
- Special procurement collaboration (how to choose the supplier for a purchase)
- Collection of supplier offers (what is the offering of the suppliers chosen for a purchase)
- Award (identification of the supplier for a purchase).
It comprises all stages of supplier interaction, from award to order issuance to delivery/receipt, as well as any administrative task conducted in the ERP system.